5.13.2013

I don't care, I love it...

Hello!
I know it's been a while, but I'm still reeling about the Met Ball. They kinda chose the best theme ever don't you think? I was so into a lot of the looks from the event. The Met Gala is so fun because it's basically a fashion show where over-the-top doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. It's great and this was perfect. Here are my top picks of the night. 

Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino
Okay can we talk about this newly blonde bombshell and how she was absolutely perfect? I love the Debbie Harry-ness of it all and that dress was smokin' hot. She just looked amazing, I was really surprised that she was so into the punk theme this year.

Alexa Chung in Erdem
Not the most punk look out of the bunch but it was her take on punk and I appreciate that. I really love the way this looks on her and she stuck to her own style, which is great.

Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture
I never can decide on pictures of her in a dress because there are always multiple things going on with her dress. This dress is killer but in a soft way just like her. It's a very girly dress but the back and the zipper detail punked it up.

Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney
So best beauty of the night goes to this babe here in my opinion. That makeup was so perfect, and the hair, oh my god. She has a lot of hair but somehow it disappeared and I was like huh? She has great face for this look. I did love the red and the no jewelry at all and the lace detail on the suit but what can you do about Stella and oversized pants? Eh. Very surprised since I half-expected her to come in a super fancy leather jacket and a ripped band shirt. 

Cara Delevingne in Burberry Prorsum
My babe in the spikes. If I can count on anyone to follow this theme correctly it's Cara. Enough said. She looked so punk pretty that I don't even know how she does it. That deep neckline with the perfect necklaces to accent it, just perfection.

Sienna Miller in Burberry Prorsum
My other babe in the spikes. Her outfit was what I was expecting to see a lot of when I first heard about the punk theme. Surprisingly, just my two Brits here decided that spikes and dresses were a good idea. And I thank God for them! I'm completely obsessed with everything about her with this look. It was slightly lazy like she just threw it on and I couldn't handle myself. The dress hung a little messy, her jacket sleeves almost went past her hands, her hair seemed not done but it was all so great. And that spiked headband oof get in, I want. Who knew Burberry could be so punk?

Some updates for you:
- I'm going home this coming weekend and I'm super stoked. I didn't get to hang out with my mom yesterday so I'm excited to see her.
- I apologize for the lack of outfit posts, I haven't had the inspiration recently. It's been hot so I've just been throwing dresses on. If you want to see what I'm up to, hit up my Instagram.
- Just saw the line-up for FYF and I am so down.
- Oh and a pretty little bird wants me to do a Great Gatsby style post. I'm still thinking about it, hopefully I can figure out how to actually do that. Fingers crossed. Smiles.
See you soon. xo

Listening to: I Love It (feat. Charli XCX) - Icona Pop

Follow me on my Instagram to see my shenanigans - @queenvictoriareigns

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...