10.25.2012

Then they dive in it...

So I told you a couple weeks ago that I was going to do some fun Halloween projects this month with Slug Style. I've only been part of the club and going to meetings for a couple of weeks, but it's been really fun so far. It's nice to hang out with people that share the same interests as you and to get inspired by people's ideas that you've never really thought about before. We're starting to get our shiz together about becoming an official club on campus since we're still kind of a baby at the moment. But I'm really excited about what's to come and all the projects we're going to do this year.
Last week, we had our first photoshoot of the year and it was pretty much a success. We all came together  and worked hard but also had great fun. When we were in planning mode, I took the role of stylist with a couple of other people for the shoot. We all went thrifting downtown to look for pieces to style. The shoot was obviously planned for Halloween but the actual theme was "wearable witch" which was right up my alley. Every look we styled I wanted so badly, even though I knew most of it wouldn't have fit me. However, I did somehow end up being one of the models for the shoot because of people not showing up and what not. Yeah, that's me in the hat. Go me doing two jobs!
Veronica did the make up for the shoot (on her birthday no less) and she did a great job. We celebrated later that night with burgers and milkshakes (what else?). Oh and we also did a little impromptu photoshoot that night. It looked so creepy outside, we just had to. Anyway, I thought I'd show you some behind the scenes shots Veronica and I took before and during the shoot. The last one is a little preview I posted on Instagram. Can't wait to show you the final shots. Smiles.


I'm trying to get into the hang of blogging again, at least once a week. It's just been really hard recently especially because I had midterms this week.
But I love you guys and I hope you are having a great October! xo

Listening to: Swimming Pools - Kendrick Lamar

1 comment:

Thi Lan said...

beautiful pictures. i love your outfits! your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...