2.01.2012

You've been running from life...

I don't know why I made Wednesdays my busiest day of the week but I did, and that has come to bite me in the ass a little bit.
I already have three classes and a discussion to go to every Wednesday. But today I just happened to have a billion more deadlines to add to all that and I am exhausted.
Being so busy, I can't believe I almost forgot to post an Inspiration Wednesday.
So here goes.

That's right people. That little thing we have all seen lately: The Hunger Games.
First of all, I never thought I would love a series even a fraction as much as I love Harry Potter. I mean, nothing will beat Harry Potter, but this is pretty damn close, if I do say so myself. And I've fallen in love.
I was a little skeptical about it at first because I was hearing a lot about it and people were comparing it to Twilight and Harry Potter and I was just like seriously guys? But reading it, you find out that it's not like anything else, so I really don't know why it's being compared to anything at all.
But yes, thanks to Veronica and my sister, I am now obsessed with The Hunger Games. I've recently started the second book, Catching Fire, and I am almost done. I seriously cannot wait until the movie comes out which conveniently falls during my spring break. It's going to be so great especially since Veronica is coming to Monrovia too to see it with me and my family. There's just a lot I can't wait to do. Smiles.

Oh by the way, happy February to all!


8 comments:

Mica said...

Sorry to hear you are exhausted, hope tomorrow is a quieter day for you!


awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

YAY!!! Hunger Games!!! I talk about it in my blog post too!! <3 Along with my other 2 obsessions of right now. Love you boo and I wish I could be there with you and Vern over Spring Break! But next year I wanna try to do that typical college trip to Mexico for Spring Break. Lemme know what you think of that idea! Obviously Vern would be invited too! Love this post! :)

Lainey said...

I'm so obsessed with this post! OBSESSED. I cannot friggin wait for you to finish the whole series so we can finally talk about it fully. And March 23rd needs to hurry up!

Lainey said...

And yes, I'm probably as in love with The Hunger Games as I am with Harry Potter. Screw Twilight. It's not even in the same category.

Lainey said...

Oh and that picture of Cinna and Katniss is probably one of my favorites from all the ones that have been released.

The Desert Fox said...

i still need to read that book.. jennifer lawrence is one of my favorites though!

xx

The PvdH Journal said...

I've never heard about this?! Where have I been?! And I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I had resigned myself not to ever read anything comparable again so I will def be checkin this out!

Carrie said...

oh my gosh! i fell in love with Hunger Games last year! I read the whole series during winter break. I could not put the book down. It's soooooo good. I can't wait for the movie. Oh and thanks for sharing the pictures. I haven't seen some of them. :D

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...