2.08.2012

You're running wild...

It's that time again - Inspiration Wednesday.
And this week, it's this guy.

I love controversy.
So it's no wonder, I fell in love with Tyler Shields, everything he does, and everything he is.
He's the guy that's been taking those beautifully eerie pictures of those celebs we all know and love. That's because he's friends with all of them and they have discovered what an amazing artist he is. You may have heard of Mischa Barton fondling raw meat or Heather Morris with her black eye. Yes, all this guy. He is super freaky and I love it.
Though his photos are sometimes shocking, he doesn't mean to shock. He has a way of taking the stuff the news tells us to fear and playing around with it. A lot of people are afraid of blood, and fire, and guns, and violence, and he photographs a lot of it. A lot.
He has a great eye and all of his photos are stunning to look at. I find myself always looking forward to what he does next. I mean, the guy shot someone for real, at the opening exhibit of his "Collisions" show in 2010. He was wearing a bulletproof vest but still. He pushes boundaries and I love that. He also gets his subjects to push their own boundaries, which makes for a great photograph. Not only is he amazeballs at photography, the man can write. He recently released a book last year called Smartest Man, which I have yet to read, but I heard the response was incredible. So I'm looking forward to that.

Anyway. Tyler Shields. You have to check him out. I'm surprised it took me this long to do an Inspiration Wednesday about him. It would be a dream to have him photograph me. Every time I see his work, I want to do a photoshoot. I might be doing a shoot kind of inspired by him pretty soon. Hopefully.

So hope all you lovely people enjoyed this. Have a great rest of the week. Smiles.


5 comments:

Lainey said...

Him= love. I will do a photoshoot with him one day...with Josh. And it'll be magic.

Victoria said...

I want to so bad. Oh and you're insane. Lol <3

Daria said...

oh yes, he's just extremely talented and creative...and all over cool!

xxx
Daria, the Fashionsurfer

DailyGlamour said...

nice!

The Desert Fox said...

Amazing talented and inspiring :)

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...