10.07.2011

All this longing...

Lovely weather we're having no?
I've been living in Santa Cruz for two years and the weather still confuses me every time. This week started out really rainy and I thought it was going to last all week. I was wrong.
Today was a very nice sunny and breezy day. I brought a cardigan to class with me, which I didn't even need at all. Thanks to the weather, I'm happy to say I finally have an outfit post to share with you.

The color is kinda off in that last picture but these are the shorts I made this summer. I've only worn them a couple times, but I love them. For my sister's birthday, I made her some distressed studded denim shorts and I had some studs left over. So I googled some styles of studded shorts and found the Sabo Skirt version and had myself a little DIY project. I went to a thrift store and found some Levis and cut the legs off, distressed them, and then added the studs. I really like the way they turned out.

Some updates:
I've been really into lipstick, which is really different for me. Roomie and bestie Veronica convinced me to buy three lipsticks from NYX last night. We made a fall lipstick video for her Youtube page here. Oh and last weekend I also bought a lipstick from Maybelline and I'm loving it. Who woulda thunk?

Oh and I'm going to clear up some confusion if anyone has any: A while ago, I mentioned in a post that I would be posting some old drafts of blog posts because there are big gaps in between posts. So if you are wondering why I'm posting with last year's date, those are drafts I'm publishing.
Love you all. xo


VINTAGE BLOUSE AND SUNNIES/ LEVIS SHORTS - DIY/ THRIFTED BOOTS/ TIGHTS - GIVENCHY/ REVLON LIPSTICK IN BLACKBERRY

PHOTOS COURTESY OF VERONICA SHEPP

8 comments:

Lainey said...

You look perfect! I love your shorts! And what nail polish are you wearing? It's amazing looking. You're so lucky you have Veronica to take pics of you.

Victoria said...

I got it in LA in Chinatown. It's a gold one. :)

azu said...

Oh my gosh! This look is amazing! Loving those tights and shorts :) You're so chic.

I just found your blog and I'm now following :)

PS. Santa Cruz is beautiful!

www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

Vale ♥ said...

Hello, Queen :-)) I love your style ! Those shorts are fab on you ! Would you like to follow each other, Her Majesty ? :-) Kisses

Fashion and Cookies
My Twitter

Vale ♥ said...

Thank you so much for following my blog, I am now following back ! :-) Kisses

Fashion and Cookies
My Twitter

India said...

lovely look!

Kristen said...

You are my favorite.

<3,
K

Arabesque said...

great pictures ;) and i really like your outfit!
if you want - visit my blog, and if you like it - follow me ;)
xoxo

http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...